NASCAR is something that only the true fans will understand. We will always have hecklers and people that will rise the anger in us by criticizing our favorite sport. NASCAR is something that takes dignity to understand. Many people can and will just turn on the television and promptly say “oh look at the boring race, all they do is race in a circle all day.” While they do race in a circle most of a time, they do a lot more! NASCAR is a sport!
NASCAR is a real sport because it takes effort, dedication, planning, and sponsors to name a few. NASCAR drivers spend endless hours testing and tuning their cars for optimum performance so that they can win and earn money to continue their struggle to the top of the points and one day win the championship. NASCAR isn’t just a Saturday and Sunday pass time, it’s something of loud engines, fast cars, and neck to neck traffic that arises the NASCAR fan in all of us.
NASCAR is a real sport, and don’t let anybody tell you otherwise. So lets hit the topics quickly again so that we all have an understanding on how to define NASCAR as a sport.
1. NASCAR takes skill, you actually have to pay attention and know when to make moves.
2. NASCAR takes dedication! It takes lots of time to tune and optimize a cars performance. That also being that every track is different.
3. It takes money, NASCAR is a huge investment for companies that pay to have their logos advertised on a NASCAR. If it wasn’t a sport, then Amped wouldn’t have spent millions of dollars to sponsor Dale Jr. Of course unless they knew that they were going to make money and get their company air time! which they do.
4. NASCAR has 43 drivers every race, that doesn’t seem like much, but drivers are always moving through the NASCAR devisions to get to the next rank and show off their talents and skills.
5. And finally the fact that NASCAR has devisions! If NASCAR wasn’t a serious sport then their is no way there would be more than one devision, but there is. NASCAR has many devisions and is competitive in all ways, shapes, and forms making it an ideal sport.
So to all the NASCAR haters that don’t believe driving a car over 150+ mph is a sport! it is. And NOOO NASCAR is not an acronym for Non Athletic Sport Centered Around Rednecks!
And remember all, it’s fun to argue with your buddies, but don’t take the feud too serious. NASCAR fans know deep down that we have the best sport of all. NASCAR is a sport!